Our connexions service based on Curzon Street is there to provide you with support in a variety of ways.
Here are 10 great things about the connexions service:
- The service offers advice and support on a range of issues from health, employment, leisure and education.
2. They run a specialist sexual health appointment and drop in service where you can speak privately to a nurse or doctor. This service runs on Tuesday (appointments only), Thursday between 3.30pm to 6.00pm and Saturday 12.30pm to 3.30pm.
3. All your enquiries will be handled confidentially – the specialist staff will respect your privacy and they will not give out any of your information without you giving us your permission first. Sometimes there are situations where we may feel it necessary to pass on your information.
This would happen if they were worried that you, or someone else, might be at risk of harm or injury, or in some kind of danger. Even then, they would not talk to anyone without speaking to you first and explaining this.If you are still worried about this, please still get in touch and we can explain whether we can keep your situation confidential or not.
4. The service is open to non English speakers – staff have access to a service known as language line which is a telephone translation service that gives us access to speakers of all commonly spoken languages in England.
5. They have plenty of contacts from other useful organisations – so if you need further information they can point you in the right direction.
7. Availability six days a week – the centre is open for information and advice on Monday Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 9.30am to 6.00pm, Wednesday between 9.30am to 5.00pm and Saturday between 12.30pm to 3.30pm.
8. The team also runs a young persons specialist service for 16 to 18 year olds – at any time in our lives, anyone can experience any type of mental health difficulties – if you have any worries or you want to check things out.
9. The team welcome all types of feedback from people who have attended the centre, called or messaged the team in any way – to provide feedback on the service email email@example.com or complete one of our feedbacks forms in the reception.
10. Connexions is a crucial service that helps hundreds of people each and every week.