Works update: Tuesday 5 March
Work started on Monday 11 February and a new culvert pipe and five new/repaired gullies have been installed along Chaddesden Lane, from Reginald Road South to the roundabout at Maine Drive. The junction at Reginald Road South and Chaddesden Lane has been reconstructed and will be fully resurfaced.
Our contractor team is currently working on Maine Drive, opposite Rainier Drive installing new 450mm surface water pipe in the grass verge. This will take around three weeks to complete. After this, teams will need to connect the pipe to the existing Severn Trent sewer in Maine Drive.
After some initial investigations, a void beneath the roundabout at Chaddesden Lane has been discovered. This requires further investigation and filling before we can resurface the area.
A closure of Chaddesden Lane is planned to start on Saturday 13 April to complete any remaining drainage work and to resurface approximately 850sqm of road. This work will take 15 days and is utilising the lower traffic volumes during the Easter break. A fully signed diversion route will be in place. Bus routes are continuing to run as normal.
If you have any concerns, please contact us using the email address at the bottom of this article.
Last updated: Tuesday 5 March.
In the coming months, Derby City Council’s Highways team will be undertaking work to repair the remaining section of Chaddesden Lane, between Maine Drive and Reginald Road South.
The work schedule is as follows:
- Sunday 13 January – a one-day road closure. This is to complete a drainage investigation and complete a ground radar survey before work starts.
- Week commencing Monday 11 February – the contractor will be setting up on site and working under two way traffic signals on Chaddesden Lane, to undertake trial hole investigation and gully repair works.
- Saturday 16 February to Sunday 24 February – a full closure to complete drainage work, to repair the culvert for the full length of the closure (Reginald Road South to Maine Drive).
- Monday 25 February to Friday 1 March – two traffic signals either on Maine Drive to allow for a surface water sewer connection or potentially two way traffic lights on Chaddesden Lane End, to complete highways drainage gully works.
- Monday 11 March to Wed 10 April – Construction of a new 450mm surface highway drain in the grass verge between Chaddesden Lane and the connection point in to the Severn Trent surface water sewer on Maine Drive, opposite Rainer Drive.
- Thursday 11 April to Sunday 28 April – a full closure to complete any remaining drainage work. We will also be resurfacing Chaddesden Lane, including the roundabout and into Maine Drive, up to the doctor’s surgery. This will include an element of reconstruction of the road, to ensure it is robust for this busy route.
Some work will be happening outside of these dates on Maine Drive, along the front gardens of some properties. This is essential to build a new drain which will connect to the culvert underneath Chaddesden Lane. This should not affect traffic flows.
The scheme is covering approximately 1,100sqm. Road closures will be carried out during school holidays to minimise disruption to the surrounding schools. Signed diversion routes will be in operation when required. The hours of work will be 8.00am to 5.00pm, including Saturdays and Sundays (if necessary). All road markings will be replaced soon after work is completed.
The scheme will be completed by Eurovia Infrastructure Ltd on behalf of Derby City Council.
Roadside boards will be erected on the road to advise residents and road users of upcoming work. Residents in the affected streets have also been sent letters to explain what work is being done and how it will affect them. During the work the bus services will be diverted. Please look out for information signs for details of how these routes will change.
During the work, we need to ensure safety at all times; as a result, you may experience some delays in gaining access. Eurovia will contact residents who are directly affected by the work to make sure everyone is informed of progress. Please advise them of any mobility requirements and they will assist you.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme itself, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your patience while we carry out this project.