As part of the national Great British Spring Clean (GBSC) campaign there will be a number of events taking place in Chaddesden ward on Friday 9th March.
The GBSC is a national campaign which encourages local councils, residents, community groups and schools to band together to clean up their local area.
Friday’s planned events, that will last 30 minutes each, so far are:
- Chaddesden Park will be litter picked from 1pm by our parks staff joined by Chaddesden Age UK meeting at the Green Flag flagpole
- St Alban’s Catholic Primary School are doing a litter pick at 12.30pm around the Oakleigh Avenue bungalows
- The Nottingham Road shop frontages will be litter picked at 2pm by two local Councillors
- Youth Workers are litter picking around the Sports Pavilion and youth shelter area on Chaddesden Park at 2pm
- Derby Homes/Neighbourhood Team meeting at 3pm on Maine Drive to cover Duluth and Challis and Tennessee Road areas
- The Opportunity Knocks group will be litter picking from 10.30am around the AGE UK Centre and Phillip Whitehead Library
- Year seven pupils from Lees Brook School will be litter picking from Morley Road to Chapel Lane at 2.30pm.
Councillor Sara Bolton, Chair of Chaddesden Neighbourhood Board will be joining in some of the events on Friday afternoon.
Councillor Sara Bolton said:
Chaddesden ward will be holding a number of community events as part of the national Great British Spring Clean campaign. They all build on the great work of our Keep Chaddesden Tidy group who meet regularly at different locations to carry out litter picks. These initiatives will no doubt prove the real community spirit in the ward. I’d encourage as many people as possible to get involved on Friday to show their support.”
If you’d like to take part in any of the above events or organise your own, please contact Councillor Sara Bolton by email on firstname.lastname@example.org