From April 2017 the Council Tax Support Scheme is changing.

If you are below the state pension age this may mean that you have more Council Tax to pay in 2017/18.

The Council will be issuing its Council Tax bills for 2017/18 in March. When you get your bill, if you need to talk to someone about it you can receive confidential help, support or advice from the following:

  • Derby Homes’ Money Advice team on 01332 643395  (for Derby Homes tenants only)

Council Tax Hardship Scheme  

If you feel paying your Council Tax bill will place you in hardship you can apply for Council Tax Hardship assistance, as part of the Council’s Single Discretionary Award Scheme on the Derby City Council website.

Pensioners are protected under separate legislation and are not affected by the changes to the Council Tax Support Scheme.

Published: Wednesday 8th March, 2017