Residents can find out how to make the most of their income, become a savvy saver and get help with money worries during Derbyshire Money Week.
Money Week will run during half-term from Monday 13th to Saturday 18th February with events and a roadshow in every Derbyshire borough and district.
Derbyshire County Council is funding the event and has teamed up with FAAD (Financial Action and Advice Derbyshire) to organise the week with support from a range of organisations including Citizens Advice, community banks, borough and district councils, health providers and community and voluntary groups.
Visitors will be invited to find out more about a variety of issues including dealing with debt, sensible saving and alternatives to high-risk borrowing, benefits checks, cooking on a budget, energy switching, pensions advice, help with childcare, free school meals and how to avoid scams and loan sharks.
To find the latest Derbyshire Money Week news, get support and advice, find a roadshow near you and check out the calendar of events visit www.derbyshire.gov.uk/moneyweek
Derbyshire Money Week roadshows − coming to a town near you
All roadshows will run from approximately 10am to 3.30pm (there may be slight local variations):
- Monday 13 February 2017, Alfreton − Tesco car park, Hall Street
- Tuesday 14 February 2017, Buxton − Buxton Market, Market Place/Sainsbury’s car park
- Tuesday 14 February 2017, Clay Cross − Tesco car park, Bridge Street North
- Wednesday 15 February 2017, Matlock − Matlock Market, Hall Leys Park
- Thursday 16 February 2017, Chesterfield − Chesterfield Market, Market Place
- Thursday 16 February 2017, Ilkeston − Ilkeston Market, Market Place, Bath Street
- Friday 17 February 2017, Shirebrook − Shirebrook Market, Market Square
- Saturday 18 February 2017, Swadlincote − Swadlincote Market, The Delph Market Square.
Roadshow stalls will include Citizens Advice, community banks, the county council’s welfare rights, trading standards and library service digital inclusion teams, Financial Action and Advice Derbyshire, Marches Energy Agency Fantastic Homes Vehicle, P3, Amber Trust, Derby Help and Advice, Derbyshire Law Centre and Wheels to Work.
There will also be interactive games, competitions and children’s entertainment.
For more information and to check out our Derbyshire Money Week blog and calendar of events visit Rural Action Derbyshire’s website.