Dignity Action Day aims to raise awareness of the importance of dignity in care and is a reminder that dignity is everybody’s business. The Council supports this national day of celebration with those people at the centre of our care.
We would like to ask everyone to support the 10 Dignity Do’s:
1. Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse
2. Support people with the same respect you would want for you and your family
3. Treat each person as an individual by offering a personalised service
4. Enable people to maintain the maximum level of independence, choice and control
5. Listen and support people to express their needs and wants
6. Respect people’s right to privacy
7. Ensure people feel able to complain without fear of retribution
8. Engage with family members and carers as care partners
9. Assist people to maintain confidence and a positive self-esteem
10. Act to alleviate people’s loneliness and isolation.
Published: 31st January 2017