Every year the Mayor of the City of Derby, Councillor Linda Winter, chooses local groups and good causes to support.
One of the charities she is supporting includes The Hope Centre which aims to tackle poverty and support the most vulnerable within our communities. A team of over 40 volunteers make a difference in people’s lives.
Services are delivered on a voucher system via agencies who deal with housing, refuge, advice, addictions and social care. This ensures that those with real needs are able to access our services.
The Centre’s services include:
- running a food bank which gives away around 80 food parcels a week
- operating a Hope Store that handles clothes and household items
- opening a Drop-In, giving people somewhere to chat over food and drink.
- People in need of food can pick up a food voucher from a number of agencies within Derby.
- The food bank is open on Tuesdays from 1.00pm-3.00pm and Fridays from 10:30am to 1.00pm each week.