So your company wants to hire an apprentice, but you don’t know where to start?
These steps will send you well on your way to hiring an apprentice who’s right for you..
- Think about the role you want to fill; what will your apprentice work on, who will they work with, what gaps will they be filling in your organisation? You’ll need to research what framework or standard fits the role that you want to fill.
- Find an organisation that offers training for the apprenticeship framework or standard you’ve chosen.
- You can get financial help from the Government to help pay for apprenticeship training, so make sure you check what funding is available to you.
- Next up, you’re ready to advertise your apprenticeship. Your chosen training organisation will do this for you through the find an apprenticeship service, but you could also signpost people if your organisation has any job vacancy pages, or social media accounts.
- Select your apprentice and make an apprenticeship agreement and commitment statement with them. This is used to confirm individual employment arrangements between the apprentice and the employer.
For more information, check out these employer guides: