Last night the Council unveiled a series of key pledges to support its vision for Derby as a SAFE, STRONG and AMBITIOUS city.
To achieve these aims we need to reshape our Council Cabinet (the executive which leads the authority), so that it is best placed to deliver this vision, and ensure that Derby is a great place to live, work and visit.
Today the Leader of the Council has announced announce new Council Cabinet portfolios. These are based on key pledges where the administration wants to see real progress achieved towards the long-term vision for Derby.
Leader of the Council, Councillor Ranjit Banwait, said:
I firmly believe that the new arrangements will place councillors in the best possible position to truly make a difference to Derby. Myself and my fellow Council Cabinet members are up to the challenge, and I hope that every councillor in the authority will share our determination to do the best for our city in these difficult times.
The full line-up of Derby City Council’s new Cabinet is:
- Cabinet Member for Strategy and Policy: Councillor Ranjit Banwait
- Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Economy: Councillor Martin Rawson
- Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods and Public Protection: Councillor Asaf Afzal
- Cabinet Member for Safeguarding and Children and Young People: Councillor Sara Bolton
- Cabinet Member for Leisure, Culture and Tourism: Councillor Lisa Eldret
- Cabinet Member for Housing and Urban Renewal: Councillor Fareed Hussain
- Cabinet Member for Integrated Health and Care: Councillor Martin Repton
- Cabinet Member for Education and Skills: Councillor Sarah Russell
- Cabinet Member for Finance and Governance: Councillor Baggy Shanker
Details of each Cabinet Member’s pledges are being prepared for the Cabinet meeting in April, but you can visit the Leadership of the Council page to read about each portfolio’s key responsibilities.
Published: Thursday 2nd March, 2017