Derbyshire police Officers are warning people to be on the lookout for rogue traders in Derby.
The warning comes after three elderly people were approached in Alvaston on Wednesday, January 16, offering to fix broken roof tiles.
One victim handed over £600 to the conmen to complete the work. When challenged the three men, who are described as white, said they had fixed a loose tile before driving off at speed in a white van.
A legitimate trader will never:
– Call without an appointment
– Ask you to withdraw money from a bank or make a bank transfer
– Offer to take you to withdraw any money
– Ask you to pay in full before the work is complete
– Insist a decision is made there and then on the work
– Intimidate you into having work done
If you think you have been approached by a rogue trader you should call Derbyshire police using the non-emergency 101 number – alternatively you can report it one of the following methods: