The site is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year’s Day. It will be open as normal on all other days between 8.00am and 6.00pm.
To help you avoid the queues, the best times to visit Raynesway are:
- between 8.00am and 11.00am
- after 4.00pm.
To make your trip go faster, try to:
- separate your waste by material type before you visit – this way, you can save time when you arrive
- ask the site staff for help if you’ve got a lot of items
- check you have a permit before you visit (if you are coming in a van or trailer)
- wear appropriate clothing, gloves and footwear on site; avoid sandals or other light-weight shoes.
When the kerbside collections start again in January, you will be able to leave up to three extra bags of black bin waste next to your bin. We will also collect extra bags or boxes of recycling – just make sure you leave these open so we can see what’s inside. More information can be found on our website.
Please use our bin day look-up tool to check when your first collections of 2018 will be.
Take a look at our suggestions for reducing waste over Christmas.