With the Christmas season on its way, we’re getting into the spirit of things, but we need your help.
We’re calling on anyone in Derby* with a window (shops, restaurants, market stalls, offices, libraries, supermarkets and anyone we’ve accidentally missed out, you’re all welcome!), to take part in our Christmas shop window competition, Window Wonderland.
Dig out your bright lights and baubles, your snow and sparkles, and your tinsel and trees, because we want you to be as festive and creative as possible, and decorate your window in one of this year’s categories: Christmas Past, Christmas Present or Christmas Future.
Cash prizes, trophies, and Christmas spirit are guaranteed! The closing date is Friday 6th December. Judging will take place the following week, and winners will be contacted directly. The winners will be invited to a civic reception before Christmas
Judging will be assessed by four categories: quality, diversity, innovation and overall impact.
Aside from fitting into the Past / Present / Future theme, you are free to be as fancy as you like – the sky’s North Pole’s the limit!
Follow these simple steps and you’ll be on your way:
- Decide on your category
- Download and fill in your application form
- Our Christmas elves (the BID Rangers) can also deliver paper copies to stores soon, so let us know if you would like one by emailing us, or tweeting us @DerbyCC
You’ll need to tell us your business name and address, contact name and email or number, and your chosen category: Past / Present / Future
Email us your form, or drop it into the Christmas post-box in the Sales and Information Centre
- When you have entered, you will be given a window sticker to display in your shop window, so everyone knows that you are helping to illuminate Derby. You can collect these from the Sales and Information Centre Derby LIVE Sales & Information Centre, Riverside Chambers, Full Street, Derby, DE1 2FP
- Complete your shop window display by Wednesday 6th December
- Watch as Derby’s Christmas spirit sky-rockets, all thanks to you
We’d love you to share your entries with us, so make sure you tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, and use the hashtag #WindowWonderland
* To be eligible for the competition, windows should be within the boundary of Stafford Street, Ford Street, St Alkmund’s Way, Traffic Street, Bradshaw Way, Lara Croft Way and Mercian Way.
We hope that as many businesses as possible get involved in this – Derby has always had such a brilliant community spirit, and that’s never more evident than at Christmas.
Not only are entrants in with the chance of winning cash prizes (that could pay for your Christmas night out!), they will also make shoppers feel welcome and festive.